I HAVE WAITED MY WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS GIFSET
I’ve always loved this scene.
I mean, on one level, it’s just funny. Steak Lady’s no nonsense attitude, the way she delivers the line.
But then there’s a second level, that’s even more awesome. Steak Lady is doing her thing, selling steak, and suddenly there is this woman behind her counter. And the woman tells her that she’s hiding from her ex husband. Women don’t hide from ex husbands behind steak counters unless they really need to. So Steak Lady looks at this woman who is running from her probably abusive ex, and offers her the support she needs to get through this extremely fraught situation.
You go, Steak Lady. Keep on being awesome.
My school had this week called, “I Believe” Week and one of the days was “I believe in my story.”
People wrote on these note cards starting with “If you really knew me you would know that…”
Some of these notecards said:
- “If you really knew me, you’d know that I was raped by my older brother everday.”
- “If you really knew me, you’d know that my mom is a heroin addict and it’s tearing my family apart.”
- “If you really knew me, you’d know that I had cancer when I was 5 and people made fun of me because I was different and didn’t have hair.”
- “If you really knew me, you’d know that I was sexually harassed and abused as a child.
- “If you really knew me, you’d know that I suffer from depression and I’ve attempted suicide.”
- If you really knew me, you’d know that I got into a car crash with my best friend and I held her in my arms, blood everywhere. RIP.
When people came up to read these note cards, a lot of them started crying. It made many people realize that everyone has a story and that you’re not alone.
every school should have this…
Every single school.